Race Walking entails a series of steps made in such a way that the walker maintains contact with the ground throughout, without any breaks in contact being immediately apparent to the naked eye. Each time you take a step forward, make sure your leading leg is completely straight.
knee) from the time one’s feet first touch the ground till one is standing up straight and tall.
The Rules of the Game are as Follows: –
- Use of Yellow Paddles and Red Cards
- Punishment: Expulsion with a Red Card
- In addition to the two Walk Paddles: Oblique Knees, Disconnection
- To compile all of the infractions, the Chief Walk Judge uses his or her own sheet of paper, which
- Table with a clipboard and a pen for taking notes
Just What Do You have to do to Win a Race?
The sport of Race Walking is governed by two primary regulations:
- The athlete may never lift both feet off the ground at the same time (the “contact” rule).
- Knees: From the time the advancing foot makes contact with the ground until the body is in a vertical position, the advancing knee must be kept straight (not bent).
- A Yellow Paddle is given to a competitor who is “quite near” to infringing on a rule.
- When an athlete “breaks the rules,” he or she receives a Red Card.
Warning Signs (Yellow Paddles) in Speech: All Ages
- In addition to a verbal warning, the official can also use a Yellow Paddle to signal the infraction. (For instance, Paddle Warning No. 3: “Contact” in Yellow)
- Red Cards (Reports) can only be given verbally to players in the U10 and under age groups. Example: (Number Nine: Report ‘Knees’) Total and entire red card
- red cards for ages 11-16, which stands for nonverbal reports.
- For the Rest of the Athletes:
- No Words Required – Paddles and Cards Instead of Talking
On the Track, Where Do You Currently Stand?
To make sure the complete track gets evaluated, judges disperse themselves evenly.
To get the best view of the competitors in your area, the judges should stand in lanes 5–7.
The greatest angle to see a sports event is from the side, not the back.
Who Can Be Disqualified?
- The athlete will be informed of their disqualification ONLY by the Chief Walk Judge.
- A player must receive three red cards before being eliminated from competition.
We appreciate your taking the time to read this article How Do You Get a Red Card in Speed Walking.